If this year your boss has forced you to stay in the office during the cool and lively month of August in Milan, this post will certainly be for you. More than an article to read in your long sessions in company bathrooms, (obviously in the wi-fi area) it is might be your only salvation… and I will explain why:
POINT # 1 : Milan magically transforms into the New York of “I am Legend:” it takes ten instead of the Fantozzians 50 minutes to get to the office, park your car with the ease of a Scarabeo scooter and if you imitate Will Smith in aforementioned film by shooting golf balls in Piazza del Duomo, no one would notice.
POINT # 2 : Despite the absence of ALL colleagues framed with a higher contractual level than yours, this is the month most feared by the Milanese employee. In the office there is so little to do that, if there were so few people that you could go unnoticed in the corridors while trying to catch Pokemon on the most discussed app of the moment, you would be out of there.
POINT # 3 : In your neighborhood, the only shop still open is the Chinese bar, in which you have never had the courage to order even a coffee.
POINT # 4 : Last but not least… 97% of your friends are on vacation, at least 200 km away and after 11 months of media silence, they don’t miss the opportunity to publish photos of baths in crystal clear seas and “stories” of unforgettable parties on Instagram.
But you, stuck in Milan, are in disarray. You don’t know where to bang your head… or rather your wallet, because incredibly the #MilanoDaBere, famous ruiner of bank accounts, has this month closed its shutters. And instead, we at Flawless Milano say no. Thanks to this short guide for city survival in August, you can fight boredom and enjoy some beautiful evenings in the capital.
Here is the list of places open in August and all month.
- Pasticceria Marchesi | Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
- Giacomo Caffè
- AmaMi – Chiuso il 15 agosto
- Macha Café
- Pandenus | Gae Aulenti – Chiuso dal 14 al 18 compresi
- Radio Rooftop Bar
- Terrazza Gallia – Excelsior Hotel Gallia
- Terrazza PanEVO – The Westin Palace Milan
- Mandarin Bar & Bistrot – Mandarin Oriental, Milan
- Bar Bulgari – Bulgari Hotels & Resorts
- Ristorante gastronomico – Palazzo Parigi – Sempre aperto ma hanno menù del bistrot
- Giacomo Arengario
- El Brellin
- MU dimsum
- Finger’s Garden – Chiuso il 15 agosto
- God Save The Food – Piazza del Carmine – Chiuso dal 14 al 18 compresi
- Ceresio 7 – Dal 12 al 20 chiuso a pranzo
- Trattoria Aurora
- La Veranda- Four Season Hotel Milano
- Terrazza Aria – Sina The Gray
- Paper Moon Giardino – Chiuso dal 15 al 19 compresi
- Fratelli Ravioli – Chiuso 15 e 16 agosto
- Le Specialità
- AmaMi – Chiuso il 15 agosto
- Briscola – Pizza Society – Chiuso il 15 agosto
- Dry Cocktails & Pizza – Chiuso dal 5 al 12 agosto
- Crotto dei Platani (Como)
- Villa Lario (Como)
- La Galbusera Nera – Agriturismo La Costa (Lecco)
- Trattoria Visconti (Ambivere)
- Ristorante Quercus Tenuta de L’Annunziata (Como)
- Ristorante Silvio (Como)